Video of work at sea:
- Zooplankton Sampling. 20 minute video produced by Institute of Marine
Research (IMR), Bergen, Norway
Director: Arnold Farstad (IMR)
Script & Narration: Hein Rune Skjoldal (IMR)
Camera, Sound and Editing: Svein Roger Ivarsen
(MPegI format: 127 Mb)
A second format, MPEG2, is available on CD#4
- MPEG1 - standard PAL VCD format
MPEG2 - 5Mb/s CBR (constant bitrate) with audio
- The MPEGI file can be played back from the browser window on either
MacIntosh or Windows platforms (2k, 9x, NT).
You may have trouble playing the video from a Unix or Solaris system.
- If you download the video file to your computer,
the MPEG file should be played back with an MPEG player, i.e. Microsoft
Mediaplayer 7.0 or better.
You may not be able to play back from the Mac environment directly.
- The MPEG2 video streams on CD#4 need dedicated hardware for playback.
The company that converted the video, Fabelaktiv in Norway,
recommends a RealMagic MPEG2 card.
MS Mediaplayer will not play the MPEG2
files without MPEG2 hardware.