Contacting the R/V Albatross IV
Albatross IV is operated
by the National Marine
Fisheries Service. Woods Hole, Massachusetts is its home port.
In an emergency situation (e.g. death of a relative), if you need
to contact a scientist on board the ship while at sea,
the vessel may be reached by telephone (via satellite). Please be
advised, however, that the charge per minute to the caller is
approximately $10. The following numbers should be used in an urgent
- At the dock, Woods Hole, MA: 508-495-2321 or -2322 or -2320
- Tel. 011 871 (or 874) 151 7742
- FAX 011 871 (or 874) 151 7743
- Cellular phone: (508) 776-4734
- Inmarsat: Contact the DMO for details
- Radio 16 & 13 on VHF, 2182 on HF
- Internet: chief_scientist%Albatross@ccmail.rdc.noaa.gov or
NOAA.Ship.Albatross@NOAA.gov to the ship's commanding
- Note: E-mail is uploaded and downloaded at 0900, 1400, and
2000 Monday through Friday, and 1000 and 2000 on weekends.
- Include the recipients name in the subject line
as well as the text so that the email can be correctly
When the vessel is at the dock at Woods Hole, MA,
the telephone number is 508/495-2000.
Ask the operator to connect you to the ship.
Other contacts include:
NOAA Port Office
Lcdr. Jason Maddox
Lcdr. Michael Abbott
ALBATROSS IV Websites:
Last updated: June 3, 2005
If you need to report any changes to the information on this page,
contact the U.S. GLOBEC Georges Bank
Data Management Office.