Additional Endeavor Processing Details
Edo depth error correction: replace bad value with previous value.
Notes for GLOBEC cruises
- EN259 - Standard processing
- EN260 - Standard processing
- EN260 - Standard processing except added SSTHULL. SSTHULL is only SST
in 15 & 60 minute averages.
- EN262 - Standard Processing with SSTHULL.
- EN263 - Standard Processing with SSTHULL.
- EN264 - Standard Processing with SSTHULL.
- EN265 - Standard processing with all variables up to now plus long-wave
- EN266 - Standard processing with all variables up to now plus short-wave
radiation except that the SW values should be divided by about 5.
- EN286 - New version of ENMET to linearly interpolate through gaps. Also new
VECAVG15,VECAVG60 to average over fixed time intervals rather than
number of records. File was very dirty. Had some big (hours) gaps.
693 interpolated records.
- EN295 - Very clean. 14 interpolated records.
- EN267 - Very dirty. Had 3 gaps, one 11 hours with a few smatterings of
data. Processed with interpolating form of ENMET.
783 interpolated records.
- EN268 - Data gap 20:47:17 to 24:00:00 on last day. Filled it with
linearly interpolated data. There was a problem with short wave
formatting in raw data. Values > 999.9 read ****. Replaced
garbage with 999.9 except for a few not near the middle of the
day which were replaced with previous value. A number of gaps
in Edo depth.
- EN269 - 12 hour gap in AT, RH, BP, LW on day 194. A few SW values of ****
near mid day. Replaced them with 999.9. A number of gaps in Edo
- EN275 - No short-wave or long-wave => all zeros in output files. Very
little usable Edo depth.
- EN276 - Data gap from 20:11:57 Jan 19 (19.84163) through 18:21:52 Jan 20
(20.76519). Linearly interpolated through it except for SW.
Linear interpolation of SW from 19.84163 to zero at sunset, -4.0
until sunrise, linear interpolation to value at 20.76588. Edo
depth had a lot of error values which were mostly correctible.
Notes for PRIMER cruises
- EN283 - Fairly clean and short. 17 interpolated records. Reprocessed
with ENMET283. Generally good data.
- EN286 - Processed with ENMET286. RH very noisy. Edo depth had few values
so I filled in with Chirp Sonar. Poor quality in combination.
Contributed by: R. Payne
Last modified: February 13, 1998