U.S. GLOBEC Georges Bank Phase IV-B
Open Meeting Agenda
Day one: Tuesday, April 19, 2005, Carriage House
0930: Phase IV-B AO reviewed and the purpose of the meeting articulated (P. Wiebe)
1000: Status of current synthesis efforts and future plans
- The Working Progress of the Development of an Integrated
Model System for the Gulf of Maine/Georges Bank Regions. C. Chen,
R.C. Beardsley, G. Cowles, D. Haidvogel, and C. Davis
- Nutrient Fluxes Onto Georges Bank, How, When, and Where.
Bob Houghton, Changsheng Chen, and Song Hu (Presented by David
- Investigation of the Mechanisms Controlling Calanus
finmarchicus Populations of the North Atlantic. Peter Wiebe and
- Update: Population Genetic Structure of Calanus
finmarchicus in the North Atlantic. Ann Bucklin and
- Impacts of Climate and Basin-scale Variability on the Seeding
and Production of Calanus finmarchicus in the Gulf of Maine and
Georges Bank. Avijit Gangopadhyay
- Physical Oceanography of Georges Bank and Its Impact on Biology,
Update - April 2005. Bob Beardsley, Ken Brink, Dick Limeburner,
Jim Churchill, Jim Ledwell, Jim Irish, Mike Carauso, and Jim Lerczak
- What Have Catherine and Jamie Been Doing. James Pringle and Catherine
- Biological Responses to External Forcing on Georges Bank.
1230-1330: Lunch (Carriage House)
1330: Synthesis Discusions (plenary)
1530: Breakout groups meet. Work in evening after dinner.
1830: Dinner (Nimrod Club, Falmouth)
Day two: Wednesday, April 20, 2005, Carriage House
0830: Reports of breakout group status.
0900-1200: Continued work in breakout groups.
1200-1300: Lunch (Carriage House, WHOI)
1300: Final reports of breakout groups.
U.S. GLOBEC Georges Bank Phase IV-B Announcement of Opportunity
considerable detail about the goals and objectives of the synthesis
effort, the ultimate synthesis goal is to explain the dynamics of the
target species during the GLOBEC years of study on Georges Bank and to
relate this to patterns of distribution and abundance both in the past
and in the future.
- Breakout rooms: Clark 428 is available on the 19th
from 1000-1700, and Clark 237 is available on the 20th from
Last modified: April 19, 2005