Slope Water Interaction Workshop
Place: Clark 507, WHOI
Dates: 23-24 August, 2000
Start time: 9:00am (coffee available 8:30am)
Co-conveners: Carin Ashjian, Bob Beardsley, Craig Lee
- Identify the various data (1995-1999) available to study
interactions between Slope and Bank waters, including exchanges
across the shelf-slope front, Gulf Stream Ring interactions and
intrusions of Scotian Shelf water.
- Find ways to integrate available data- how can we combine the
various observations to produce a comprehensive picture of the
- One product of this workshop should be concrete collaborations
between investigators, including specific analysis plans and,
perhaps, outlines or drafts of papers.
- Intro remarks (short)
- Short presentation by each investigator- 5 minute time limit
- research interests
- a key result or thought-provoking figure
- Form into working groups based on information gathered in (2)
- each group to have a facilitator and/or note taker
- Short Progress Reports from Working Groups
- reshuffle groups as needed
- End workshop with longer summaries from each group
- compile written summary of workshop results
- contributions from each group
- list of collaborations end expected results
Please come prepared with the following:
- A short (5 minute maximum) presentation as outlined in Day 1, above.
- Hardcopy charts indicating the times and locations for which you
- Postscript files of the charts in (2) above, and anything else you
would like to have included in a technical report summarizing the
- Data, analysis tools, etc. for working with other investigators in
the breakout groups.
- Included separately is a list of
of 8 Aug. 2000. Please take a quick look at this and let us know if
there's anyone we've missed. Also, please feel free to use this list to
contact like-minded people to initiate collaborations and set up plans
prior to the workshop.
- Please let Craig Lee (email@example.com) know if you need a
computer video projector or other special presentation equipment.
- We hope to have network connections available in the meeting room,
but are not yet certain this will happen.
Last modified: August 14, 2000
Original from C. Lee e-mail of 8 Aug 2000 15:05:44 -0700 (PDT)